Monday, June 4, 2007

Wow, what a day!

I can't believe the day has come and gone already! What a perfect day it was. I don't think we had as many people as last year,(I can't seem to remember to do a people count every year!) but the people that did come, helped us raise $1093. Isn't that just amazing! At one point, my father-in-law counted 28 Giants!!!

Every thing ran smoothly, and each year, I learn a new lesson. I still have to many things packed into one day. The Penny Sale did well, the Auction did extremely well, but the Laundry Line didn't do as well as last year. I wonder why? Maybe the products in there weren't as appealing as last year?

I always love the wiener race! That's the highlight of my day. And to see the last dog Hector (who wasn't a giant but a little bulldog maybe) lift his leg and show that bucket what he thought of the race, well that was just too funny!

We only had one person participate in the Stupid Pet Trick, so her Giant won the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Congratulations Louie!

The BBQ was just great! Thanks to Loraine and her family. They did an amazing job. If I had to do the BBQ, I think I would have a panic attack!! lol That's one thing I don't think I could organize.

Derrick did a grooming demonstration and used his dog Eve, more commonly known as "Evil"! She was very good and Derrick did a great job describing what blades to use and how to use them. I enjoyed that very much.

I couldn't have done this without Tracy, Kevin and Kasia! They are the ones who make this day run smoothly. Always willing to do anything that needs to be done. I really do appreciate that!

I'll update the blog some more, with pictures and commentary shortly!

Thanks

No comments: